What makes a SIBORE™ book different from any other book?
Printed books and other printed materials are typically composed of many pages (made of papyrus, parchment, vellum, or paper) bound together and protected by a cover. A printed book may contain a QR code (quick response code) in or on the book with information or links to various Internet sites, or the price of the book.
An e-book is an electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose. Because an e-book is read on a computer, it may have a link to an Internet site attached to a word or set of words.
Once the above books are published and sold, the reader has no control over the links in these books. The printed book or e-book does not allow the reader to change the link in the book without changing the book, which would be very difficult after the books are sold.
In a SIBORE™ book, all Internet links must go first to a dedicated and protected site which redirects the input to an Internet website appropriate to the printed material with no change to the original book. In a SIBORE™ book a person may contact the controller of the dedicated Internet website and request a change or edit to the redirection of a particular link from a QR code or imbedded link in an e-book. The request may be to better, correct, or add to the content of the original work. Any change to a redirection will also be recorded in a QR code or embedded link in the original work. This recorded data may show date of change, person that requested the change, and the old redirect that was modified. All books printed previous to the change, being printed now, or to be printed in the future with the same codes or links, will contain the new edited change.
1. Read the entire book before suggesting a change, correction, or addition.
2. Download the software to submit a change. If you receive a security message click ok, the download is safe.
3. Install and open the SiBoRE™ program.
4. Identify the link to be changed by the name of the book and QR code name.
5. Either type in or copy and paste the new link you believe would improve the story or educational content in the story into “New Website Address” field:
6. Have proper identification data ready:
7. Feel free to enter any comments you may have regarding your submission.
8. You must be 18 years old or have an approval of a parent or guardian. Make sure you click the checkbox shown on the program screen, otherwise your submission will not be considered.
9. Once all the information has been entered and Age Verification checkbox selected, click the Submit button, then click OK on the “Submission Sent” window, and click Exit to close the program.